Today we’ll tell you interesting facts about hawks.
The most beautiful and important bird of the family Accipitridae is a hawk. This member of the hawk family is a very skillful predator with a keen eye.
Interesting facts about a hawk
- The vision of a hawk is 8 times better and sharper than that of a man. A hawk can see the victim from a distance of 500 meters.
- Hawks are birds that are common around the world, except in Antarctica.
- In the Middle Ages, hawks were used as ransom for hostages.
- Female hawks are larger than males.
- Almost all hawks are carnivores, except for the palm neck. It mostly eats palm fruits.
- Hawks often watch their prey from a kind of ambush from the air or on a hill and then grab their prey with lightning speed.
- The hawks’ diet is made up of mammals and small birds.
- While hunting, hawks can fly at a speed of 240 km per hour. They can catch their prey both in the air and on the ground.
- The hawk’s eggs hatch for about a month.
- There are 270 species of hawks in the world. They live on average 13-20 years.
Did you like interesting hawk facts? Share it with your friends.
See also 22 interesting facts about eagles