Today we will tell you interesting and fun facts about dogs.
A dog is a friend of a man! At least that’s what many millions of people around the world think, who can’t imagine their lives without these four-legged, devoted, loving companions. It is no coincidence that the dog has become a symbol of devotion – these creatures are so attached to their masters that they would not hesitate to sacrifice their lives for them.
Interesting and fun facts about dogs
- The intelligence development of dogs is comparable to that of two-year-old babies. Dogs can remember about 250 commands expressed in gestures and words, count to 5, and solve elementary mathematical problems.
- Dogs can hear ultrasound that is inaccessible to the human ear. Dogs’ hearing is 10 times sharper than that of humans.
- In ancient China, the emperor held up a Pekinese sleeve – in case of danger the dog jumped out and attacked the enemy of the autocrat.
- The dog’s nose had to be wet so that it could catch the direction of the smell.
- Dog collars with spikes were invented by ancient Greeks to save their pets from being strangled by wolves.
- If a dog’s paws aren’t washed well after walking, they start smelling like corn chips.
- Dogs have 1700 taste buds (people have about 9000).
- Dogs have an excellent sense of smell. They smell 100,000 times better than humans.
- Dogs should not be given chocolate as it affects their heart and central nervous system.
- Dogs can’t tell the difference between colors.
- Dogs are the only animals that can recognize human emotions and empathize with their owners.
- The nose prints of dogs are unique and there are no two dogs in the world that are the same.
- The speed leader among dogs since 1994 remains a greyhound called Star Title – it managed to reach 67.32 km/h. This, of course, is inferior to the speed record holder of all terrestrial creatures – the cheetah.
- There are 703 thoroughbreds of dogs in the world.
- Dogs in Hollywood movies sign their contracts – a paw print.
- Puppies’ eyesight doesn’t become normal until the age of the month.
- Greyhounds are the only dog breed mentioned in the Bible.
- The body temperature of a healthy dog is between 38.3 and 39.4 degrees.
- The dog was first successfully cloned in South Korea in 2005.
- Dogs can be taught to drive – in New Zealand, where a similar experiment was conducted, four legs successfully drove in a straight line and even turned.
- Dogs do not like rain because the noise of falling drops is harmful to their hearing.
- Scientists believe that dogs can be trained to detect cancer of a specific organ.
- The oldest breed of dog is Saluki, such dogs were owned by high-ranking individuals in Ancient Greece.
Did you like interesting and fun facts about dogs? Share it with your friends.