The cat saved the owners’ lives by warning them about the fire

The fire broke out in a private wooden house in the Nikolayevka settlement (Leninsk Station, EAD), RIA Novosti news agency reported, citing representatives of the regional emergency ministry headquarters.

On the morning of October 23, a family living in the Zavodsky lane of the village heard their cat scratching at the door. The villager came out on the veranda, saw the frightened pet flitting about and the flames engulfing one side of the room, which began to spread to the roof of the building.

The man grabbed the animal and left the burning building safely with his wife.

Firefighters who arrived six minutes later quickly extinguished the fire, preventing it from spreading to other rooms of the wooden house, including outbuildings. According to the owners of the burnt building, the fire was caused by the use of a faulty heating stove.burning building

Now the couple and their furry rescuer are in a temporary shelter. The village administration is solving the issue of further accommodation of the fire victims.

See also  Goats saved Ronald Reagan’s presidential library from fire

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *